Civil Design Engineer / Technologist
SE Design and Consulting Inc. (SE Design) is a growing Civil/Municipal Consulting firm that provides engineering, project management, geomatics, and consulting services primarily within the northeastern region of Alberta and the Lakeland Region. We pride ourselves on being innovative and capable of tackling new challenges, developing long-term relationships with our clients, and bettering communities through quality project delivery and community engagement. We provide consulting services from project inception to completion, starting with the preliminary engineering, planning, and concept phases, followed by detailed engineering design, tendering, and project and construction management, all with a client-centered, value-added, and cohesive approach. If you are looking for a long-term career working with a supportive and close-knit team of technical and professional staff where you can advance your career, then SE Design is for you. We believe in treating our employees like family and we offer unique benefits that enable a healthy balance between personal life and a rewarding and fulfilling career.
SE Design has a career opportunity for a Civil Design Engineer / Technologist in our Edmonton, Alberta office.
- We are seeking a motivated individual with 3-5 years’ experience providing engineering design and drafting support services for civil engineering works associated with subdivision and municipal projects. SE Design offers an excellent mentorship program, where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with a highly experienced senior staff member.
- Applicant to note this is a safety sensitive position.
- Undertake the design and drafting of site plans and civil engineering structures (including grading, stormwater management, underground utilities, and surface improvements) for subdivision and municipal projects, adhering to Provincial and Municipal standards.
- Contribute to the development and design of preliminary engineering concepts in the planning phase.
- Perform quantity takeoffs and prepare cost estimates for design projects.
- Prepare as-built record drawings upon project completion.
- Utilize Microsoft Office and AutoCAD 3D to create engineering designs.
- Competitive financial compensation and benefits packages will be provided, based on your level of experience.
- Our comprehensive benefits package includes corporate RRSP matching, prescription drug coverage, dental care, long-term disability coverage, life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage, and family assistance.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, allowing for significant career growth.
- We offer corporate training programs and numerous opportunities for advancement within the company.